Sunday, January 6, 2013
Pesto Pasta at Home
Yow guys n lads..2013 comin..let's start the year by cooking shall we.. :D This time I cook some pesto to go along with pasta..quite easy one..here are some ingredients that I use to made all this..
- Pasta (any kind, I use buscatini for this one)
- a handful of basil
- salted roasted peanuts (no pine nuts, use "kacang kulit Garuda" instead,haha..)
- cheese (use Bega Mild for this one)
- lime juice (lemons would be great, but I dont have any)
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
So this is how it works..first of all, as my usual way of cooking, no specific measurements in this recipe, use your instinct and feeling instead..
1. boil some water then fill them up with quite generous amount of salt
2. put your pasta in, cook as suggested in the package
3. while waiting for the pasta to be cooked, get a handful of basil leaf and put them in a food processor or blender, along with extra virgin olive oil(don't hesitate on putting the oil), peanuts, garlic, cheese, lime juice (just a little bit, just want some hint of freshness),salt and pepper.
4. blend them good, and your pesto are ready to be used, then set aside
5. after the pasta cooked, drain, put the pasta in a pan as also with the pesto
6. mix the pasta with the pesto well, and adjust the seasoning as your liking
7. put the pesto pasta in a plate, grate some cheese on it, add freshly ground black pepper and extra virgin olive oil for the finishing touch.
8. voala..it's ready to eat..you can eat them with any protein you like, I eat them with sausage n chicken tofu this time.
Is it easy?hell yeah, you only need about 10 to 15 minutes to made this..just don't be afraid, trust your instinct, and always taste to check if it needs any adjustment in the process. You can use the un-used pesto for later use, just keep it in the fridge.
Enjoy your experiment n happy new year.. :D